Our v1 API is based on the mastodon v1 API. You can reference the Mastodon documentation, we listed the differences below.
We use OAuth for api authentication, you can create an OAuth app or Personal Access Token in the Account Settings on Pixelfed.
To create a personal access client :
OAUTH_ENABLED=true to .env
php artisan passport:keys php artisan config:cache php artisan route:cache php artisan passport:client --personal
You can then create a new token on this page
Differences with Mastodon API ⛓
- Some endpoints return empty arrays as they are not applicable to Pixelfed
- Link Header Pagination is not supported
- Custom limits for captions and albums, they are listed on the /api/v1/instance endpoint
- OAuth Tokens will expire after 15 days, and must be refreshed after that
- Statuses do not honor the (optional)